Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Surprise!




We found out in late December that we would be adding a new member to our family! A few days after Christmas I decided to take a test, and it was early in the morning before I went to work and much to my surprise there were 2 pink lines! I ran in to ask Jonathan what he saw, and he basically woke up out of a sound sleep, in the dark, and said "What?! I can't see anything its dark and I dont have my glasses on!" Haha. After getting him up we both decided there were two lines. Of course I felt waves of emotions because we definately wanted Landon to be a big brother, but we decided we would wait to tell anyone until after a dr. appt. Unfortunately the next day we had to take a moment from celebrating a new life, to celebrate a different one, for his Grandaddy Keith. He passed away on December 29th after being in the hospital for a few short days. We were there with him, and although I know it was hard for Jonathan to watch, he was in a much better place, and reunited with Granny Jane. We all laughed through the tears betting that she was waiting on him at the gates of heaven saying "Well Keith where have you been?!"


We decided to tell our parents before the Dr. appt because it was going to be hard to convince everyone that Jonathan was just going to happen to go with me to the dr. When we went in for the ultrasound the tech was doing all her measuring, but I could tell she wasn't seeing what she thought she was going to see. I had estimated that I was already 8 weeks along, according to my last period and all the "charts", but she said all she could see was an empty sac and she was sure I was just not as far along as I thought and that we needed to come back in two weeks to re-check things. Of course I freaked out, and worried the whole two weeks. It's just what I do, but Jonathan kept reassuring me everything was going to be fine. We went back on Jan 24th for another ultrasound, and luckily had the same tech. As soon as she started the ultrasound she said- "Yepp, I knew it, theres that baby just like I thought it would be", and I think both me and Jonathan had a sigh of relief(even though he probably wouldn't admit it ;) We heard the heartbeat and she said everything looked good and measured great and put my due date at Sept. 9th. Please join us in praising the Lord for this miracle and praying that it will be a healthy baby!

1 comment:

Sara J said...

Hooray and Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Landon is going to be such an awesome big brother! I cannot wait to find out if he will have a little bro or a little sis. SOOOOOO EXCITING!